Dark spots are the discoloured patches on the skin. These small patches ruin our overall looks.
But you don’t have to use any chemicals treatment before giving natural ingredients a try.
So, in this article, we will discuss eight home remedies to remove dark spots on face and briefly causes of dark spots and how to prevent them from happening.
So stay tuned.
8 Tested Home Remedies For Dark Spots on Face
Before using any of these home remedies onto your skin, you must know why you should use it, right? Don’t worry, and we have brought that for you.
The first home ingredient is.
#1 Lemon Juice
Lemon juice is rich in vitamin C. This makes lemon a perfect bleaching agent. The main property of the bleaching agent is to remove discolouration.
Before using lemon in any form on your skin, you must take a patch test. To see how your skin reacts to lemon juice.
How to use lemon for dark spots?
#1 Only Lemon
- Squeeze the juice in a bowl, apply it on the skin with the help of cotton balls.
- If you have sensitive skin, then it’s crucial to use lemon juice in diluted form.
- For that equal add amount of water and lemon juice. You can also use rose water in place of water.
- Leave the juice for 15-25 minutes on the skin.
- Then rinse it off with normal water.
Warning: If you feel any burning sensation, rinse it off immediately.
#2 Lemon with Honey
Honey is used for its cleansing and brightening properties. I am sure you must have heard this remedy.
- Take half lemon squeeze its juice into a bowl.
- Add 1.5-2 tablespoon of honey in the bowl. Mix them well until it becomes a smooth mixture.
- Apply the mixture evenly on the skin.
- Let it sit for 20 minutes. Then wash your face with lukewarm water.
- Apply a good moisturiser afterwards.
- Never exfoliate before using any of lemon remedies. It will irritate your skin.
- Don’t use these remedies regularly. It’s best to use it on alternate days.
- After using these remedies, always use sunscreen.
Related: How to Remove Pimples Naturally?
#2 Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple Cider Vinegar(ACV) is a rich source of anti-oxidants and some vital minerals. It also shows anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties. It helps to maintain the ph of the skin.
Moreover, it contains alpha-hydroxy acids. This chemical is used in chemical peels to remove dead skin cells and to facilitate the production of new cells.
How to use ACV for dark spots?
It’s always suggested that ACV must be used in diluted form because of its acidic properties.
#1 ACV and Water.
- Take an equal amount of water and ACV.
- Apply it on the skin using cotton. Leave it there for 15-20 minutes.
- Then rinse it off with water.
#2 AVC and Orange juice
- One tablespoon of ACV and three tablespoons of orange juice.
- Apply it with the help of a cotton, leave it for 20-30 minutes.
- Wash off with lukewarm water.
- Use sunscreen when going out.
- Take a patch test if you have sensitive skin.
Related: How to Remove Dark Circles?
#3 Aloe Vera
Aloe vera helps in reducing dark spots, pigmentation, and sunburn. It contains amino acids, antiseptics and antioxidants like vitamin C, vitamin E. In short, it’s an overall package for your skincare routine.
How to use Aloe Vera for dark spots?
#1 Aloe vera gel
- Apply aloe vera gel directly onto spots twice a day,
- Leave it for 30 minutes.
- Wash off with lukewarm water.
Tip- It’s best to use aloe vera pulp extracted from aloe vera leaf. Otherwise, Aloe vera gels also work well.
Related: How to Get Glowing Skin Naturally?
#4 Sweet Almond Oil
Almond oil is an excellent source of vitamin E, monosaturated fats, fibres, and essential minerals. Almond oil helps to nourish the skin and reduce the blemish and dark spots.
It also protects the skin from harmful UV radiation. There are a ton of benefits of almond oil, so let’s focus on,
How to use Almond oil for dark spots?
#1 Almond Oil.
- Take a few drops of almond oil on fingertips,
- Apply it on the face and circularly massage your face.
- It’s best to use it before going to bed, leave it overnight if possible.
This remedy can be used regularly.
#2 Almond oil with Honey, Turmeric powder, Lemon juice.
- Take one teaspoon of lemon juice in a bowl,
- Add one teaspoon of honey.
- Add a pinch of turmeric and 5-6 drops of almond oil.
- Make a smooth paste. Apply it. Leave it for 30 minutes.
- Wash it off with normal water.
It best to use this remedy not more than twice a weak.
Almond oil can be found at any grocery store or online.
#5 Turmeric Powder
Turmeric is India’s gift to the world. It contains potent antioxidant curcumin. Curcumin helps to fight free radicals, which eventually helps in a dark spot reduction.
How to use Turmeric Powder for dark spots?
#1 Face Mask- Turmeric, Yogurt, and Almond Oil.
- Add one tablespoon of Yogurt, a pinch of turmeric powder.
- Also, add 4-5 drops of almond oil.
- Apply it evenly and let it stay for 15-20 minutes.
- Wash it off with lukewarm water.
Use this remedy 2-3 times a week.
#2 Turmeric And Lemon
- Mix the juice of half freshly-squeezed lemon with a pinch of turmeric.
- Apply this paste on to the spot.
- Let it stay for 20 minutes.
- Rinse it off with warm water.
Apply this mask 2-3 times a week for faster results.
Precaution: Don’t use too much of these remedies; excessive application of turmeric may make your face look pale.
Related: How to Look Younger Men?
#6 Castor Oil
Castor oil is enriched with omega-3 fatty acids. It gets absorbed in the epidermal layer of skin and cleans the skin from inside.
Castor oil also helps to boosts the growth of new skin cells by increasing the blood flow. The added benefit of castor oil is that it also prevents dark spots from coming back.
How to use Castor oil for dark spots?
#1 Castor Oil
- Directly apply 3-4 drops of castor oil onto dark spots with a cotton pad.
- Let it stay for an hour and rinse it off with normal water.
This technique can be used daily. You check out the best castor oil here.
Related: Grooming Habits for Men in 2019?
Papaya has an antidote for dark spots, i.e. papain enzyme. The reason why I am saying that it impedes the production of tyrosinase, this is another enzyme that causes the overproduction of melanin.
An overproduction of melanin causes dark spots. So papain eradicates the problem.
How to use Papaya for dark sport?
#1 Papaya Face Pack
- For that, blend the papaya and make a thick paste.
- Apply it on the face and let it sit for 15-20 minutes.
- Rinse it off with normal water.
- Use it thrice a week.
Precaution: Do a patch test and wait for at least a day before using any papaya remedies.
Related: How to talk to anyone?
#8 Butter Milk or Yogurt
Butter Milk and Yogurt can save you a lot of money. Both contain lactic acid, and it helps to remove dead skin cell and lighten up the dark spots.
How to use buttermilk for dark spots?
#1 Only Butter Milk or Only Yogurt
- Take a tablespoon of buttermilk or yoghurt in a bowl.
- With cotton pads apply the milk or yoghurt directly on the dark spots.
- Wash it off after 15 minutes with water.
#2 Buttermilk and Lemon juice
- Take a tablespoon of buttermilk.
- Add half teaspoon of lemon juice.
- Apply this with the help of a cotton ball all over the face.
- Wash it off after 20 minutes with normal water.
Related: Grooming tips for Teenage Guys?
These were eight effective home remedies for dark spots on the face. Use these remedies to get rid of dark spots naturally without using any chemicals.
But guys remember these remedies take time to show noticeable results so be patient.
Apart from home remedies for dark spots on face, it’s best to prevent dark spots from happening in the first place.
So How to prevent Dark Spots?
#1 Protect your skin from excessive sun exposure. For that, you should wear sunscreen. And it must contain UVA and UVB protection.
While choosing a correct sunscreen might be confusing, Check purchase from some reliable sources.
#2 Be more careful with pimples. Post acne marks can also transform into dark spots.
#3 Removing Facial hair by tweezing, waxing can cause skin inflammation, which can lead to dark spots.
#4 Ageing can be another cause of dark spots. So follow a proper skincare routine to reduce the effect of ageing.
I hope you guys found this article helpful, please share and comment on how it can be improved.