The undereye skin is the most delicate and thin layer of the skin on our body.
It can be easily damaged by the environment, and dark circles may fall into your lap.
And to remove dark circles at home is a tough job.
So I have brought to you simple home remedies that will help you remove dark circles naturally at home.
But, before discovering 5 Ways to remove dark circles naturally, let’s first understand what causes them, because, we all know prevention is better than cure.
And by considering these precautions. It can speed up the process of dark circle removal. So stay tuned.
What causes dark circles?
The dark circles are the result of thin skin near the eye. The list of causes dark circles are very long but major causes are given below.
Lack of sleep and Eyestrain
The major reason behind the dark circle is the lack of sleep for most of the people. what happens you sleepless?
The simplest answer is when you sleep less, your eyes are open. So the constant eye movement cause, eye muscle to use fats around the eye. Hence it causes a dark circle. But this doesn’t happen in one night.
And another equally important factor is eye strain, these days people are spending a lot of time watching T.V, computers, etc without even blinking.
So make sure you get 7-8 hours of high-quality sleep in the first place and reduce the screen time.
Poor Nutrition and dehydration
This is the most ignored cause of dark circles. But now you know this fact so take a balanced diet. Rich in iron, B12, vitamin k, vitamin c, and vitamin.
Feeling confused about what to eat, here is a list.
- Broccoli, green leafy vegetables such as spinach
- Add a salad to your diet containing cucumber, tomato.
- Eat more nuts like Almond, Walnuts.
And keep yourself hydrated throughout the day, drink at least 3-4 liters of water in a day.
Overexposure to Sun
To protect our skin from the sun’s radiation, our body produces excessive melanin. But, it makes the skin look tan and pigmentation around the eyes.
Apply sun scream 20 minutes before going in sunlight. Generally, SPF of 50 is good for normal sun conditions. I use Lakme Sun Expert because it is a gel and gives you an oil-free look.
Natural Way to Remove Dark circle
Cucumber contains vitamin c and Folic acid. Vitamin c helps in the generation of new cells and Folic acid helps in reducing the puffiness of the eyes.
Moreover, cucumber has high water content, helps in hydrating your under-eye skin.
It very simple to use Cucumber.
- Take a chilled cucumber
- cut the cucumber into slices.
- Place a chilled slice on top of the eyes for 10-15 minutes.
- Then rinse your face with cold water.
- Repeat this twice a day and also eat cucumber with salt to speedily the process.
Tomatoes are loaded with antioxidants. These antioxidants help in limiting the production of free radicals. In simple terms, free radicals increase pigmentation.
There are a lot of additional benefits of Tomato. But I’ll leave them to you. Here how to use tomato as a dark circle remedy.
- Cut the tomato into half. Eat one half.
- Take one half and cut it into half for each eye.
- Then massage your eyes, from the inner side of the tomato and leave its solution for 10-15 minutes.
- Then wash your face with normal water.
Almond is a natural way to supply vitamin E to your skin. Vitamin E is vital to prevent skin breakdowns.
- Take a few drops of almond oil on fingertips and apply underneath the eyes.
- Massage gently for 5-10 minutes.
- Do it before going to bed every night.
- Leave it overnight.
- Then wash your face with normal water.
Related: How to Remove Pimples Naturally and Permanently?
Teabags are also a good way to make your under-eye skin look young. According to Femina.in, tea bag reduces the fluid retention in the tissues by shrinking the blood vessels.
- Take a used Teabag and place it in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Then place them on the eyes for 10 minutes.
- Afterward, rinse your face with cold water.
- repeat this for 2-3 times a week.
Related: Grooming Habits Every Men Should Know in 2019?
Aloe vera is a world-class moisturizer and also has anti-aging properties. It contains 18 Amino acids that help to heal and smooth skin.
- Clean yours under eye-area.
- Apply aloe vera pulp underneath the eyes
- Let it rest there for at least 10 minutes.
- Then cleanse it with normal water to avoid stickiness.
So these were the most practiced and useful, Home remedies for dark circles.
Hope you guys found this article helpful, please comment and share.