Hello friends, I know, you want to look more muscular, sexier, right?
But, unfortunately, This fast life isn’t giving us time to hit the gym. And most of us, don’t know what exercises to do to build muscles at home.
Don’t worry. We gonna tackle it. For that, I have brought you the best exercise to build muscles at home, no equipment required at all.
Before jumping right into it, I want you to know that these exercises are going to be super easy. The key to building muscles is consistency in exercising, proper nutrition, and rest.
So you gotta focus on the other two as well.
Before doing any of these exercises, we have to increase the temperature of the core, what I mean by that is. you gotta warm your body. Go for jogging, do basic stretching. Okay.
The first exercise to build muscles at home is my all-time favorite i.e Push-ups.
#1 Push-Ups for Bigger Chest
Push-ups is an upper body exercise, it helps to target different muscle group together at a time. It can also be used to hit very specific muscle too, with slight variation. That is why push up is known as a very versatile exercise.
Standard push-ups target these muscles.
How to do push-ups?
- Start with a plank position, neck neutral. Hands should be a little wider than shoulder-width. Keep back tight and straight.
- Now, begin to lower your body by bending your elbows while keeping them pointed slightly back. Lower down until your chest is closest to the floor.
- Afterward, extend your elbows, keeping elbows close to lats, and push your body back up to the starting position.
- Inclined push-up works specifically on lower chest muscles. For that, simply place your arm on a table. The table height should be more than your knee. Inclined push-ups are easier than standard push-up, so if you are Beginner, it best exercise to start with.
- Declined push-up work specifically on upper chest muscles. For that, place your feet higher than Palms. While performing a declined push-up, it vital to keep your neck and back straight and tight.
It is backed by a lot of researches, doing 8-12 reps is considered to yield the best results.
Related: Step-by-Step guide to Weight loss?
Let’s jump onto 2nd exercise to build muscles at home. which is.
#2 Pull-ups for V-Shape Back
It one of the best upper body strength exercises. It covers back, biceps, and shoulders as well as chest muscles.
Moreover, Pull-ups are also one the toughest exercise, but worth trying. Now, everyone would not be able to do it, so you can try with dead hang or assisted pull-ups.
How to do Pull-ups?
- First, grab the bar little wider than shoulder-width.
- Try to grab the bar with palm instead of fingers, it’ll put undue pressure on forearms.
- Now, it’s time to pull. Try to go above the chin.
- Then come back slowly. Don’t go too low, it could damage your shoulder.
- Keep your legs straight and tight.
It’s completely okay if you can’t do a pull-up at first. But try as hard as you can and gradually you’ll build enough strength to do pull-ups easily.
Check out this video for further details.
#3 Squats for Stronger Legs
The most basic leg workout that you can try at home right now. It involves, improving leg’s strength, building aesthetic legs.
Moreover, legs are also triggered greater testosterone production. Those who don’t know testosterone, it is a hormone responsible for muscle growth in both men and women. Okay.
How to do Squats?
- The first step, stand straight, with chest out, shoulder relaxed.
- Then place your feet slightly wider than shoulders, keeping toes straight.
- Before doing squats, keep in mind to keep your spine tight and straight. Another way of doing this is, try to make your back parallel to your shin bone.
- Now, while bending your knees, distribute your body weight evenly on feet.
- After hips reach below the knee, Start to stand up.
- Keep your arm in front of your body during squats.
Here is a catch, after doing squats for a while you’ll get used to it. So you gotta update squats regime.
There are a lot of versions of squats, but, the one I like the most is jumping squats/ explosive squats. Because it targets a lot of muscles at a time, without giving break to legs. And it is a good thing.
How to do explosive squats?
- The first step, do squat as usual, until you reach desired depth (your hips are lower than knees).
- The second step, jump explosively.
- Then while landing, get back into a squat position. And repeat.
#4 Crunches And Planks Chiseled Abs
Before starting this, I just want you to know, that your core is the most important muscle group that should be built.
Because it supports our entire system. But wait, you may ask what I mean by Core? So let’s look at the body areas it will cover.
- Lower Back
Good News for you, you have been training your core through the push-ups and pull-ups. Okay, it’s time to take it further with these exercises.
First, we have Plank.
Why do a plank, in the first place?
First of all, a plank isn’t just core exercise, yes read it right, I lied. But, Plank works more muscle than the just core.
Plank needs more muscle like arms shoulder, legs, and all of your abs to get it done. Not to mention, Plank can improve your posture and flexibility. Plank has a ton of benefits but lets actually do now.
How to do Plank Correctly?
- Place your palms on the floor with hands shoulder-width apart.
- Extend your legs behind you, feet should be hip-width apart.
- It like the still position of a push-up.
- Hold here for a set amount of time.
After doing the plank for a quite long time you’ll get used to it. So you need to take it to the next level with the following variations of planks.
- Forearm Plank.
- Lateral Plank Walk.
- Bird Dog Plank.
- Plank with Spine Rotation.
- Plank to Downward Dog Tap.
- Forearm Plank Rock
- Mountain Climber.
And so on.
I know, I have just thrown the name at you, but you will need them, so explore them at Selfgallery.
Now, come Crunches.
These are the big brother of Plank, but it is specifically meant for abs only. And Don’t confuse them with sit-ups, sit-ups are done when you lift your entire back off the ground.
How to do Crunches?
- The first step, Lie down on the floor on your back (you can use a Yoga mat or towel).
- You can place your hands across your chest or behind your head and bend your knees.
- While placing hands behind your head. Don’t pull your neck with hands, let’s abs do the work.
- Second Step, Slowly contract your abdominals, left your shoulder about 1 or 2 inches off the floor.
- Exhale as you reach up and hold there for a few seconds.
- Now inhale and start slowly to go back, don’t just drop back, go slowly.
That’s it. Do 3 sets of 12 reps, but throughout these 12 reps don’t just think to complete 12 reps, focus on doing it slowly.
#5 Dips for Lower Chest
Dips are typically done to target your triceps (back of your biceps) and Lower chest (which is usually not targeted through push-ups). The only thing you’ll need is a bench or chair.
How to do dips at home?
At first, you can do these exercises altogether. But after a certain level, you will feel all the exercise very easy to do.
So at that point, you have got to dedicate your whole workout session towards one muscle group.
For instance, On Monday you can do Push-up and it’s a different variation to target chest. On Tuesday, you can do pull-ups and it’s variations.
Or you can do two exercises in a day. For instance, On Monday, you can do push-ups and pull-ups together. So you really have to design your exercise pattern and fun with it.
How to Build Muscles at home Fast?
Apart from exercising, As I said earlier, muscle-building involves 3 things, Exercise, Nutrition, and Rest. Let’s look at the nutrition aspect of building muscles.
While muscle-building you need to supply basically 3 things.
And, of course, there are other micro things too. But these 3 are able to cover almost all of them.
List of food that’ll help you build lean muscle.
- Chicken Breast
- Cottage Cheese
- Peanut Butter
- Whole Grain Wheat (Brown Bread)
- Brown Rice ( Not White Rice )
For proper rest sleep for 8 hours. Keep it simple.
So that’s all about the exercise to build muscles at home.
Also, check out how to stay healthy and fit.
I hope you guys found the article helpful, and if you want any additional information, let me know in the comment section.